- a) A golf bag contains 5 white tees and 1 blue tee. If John selects 2 tees at random from the bag, what is the probability that they are both white?
b) A spinner has 4 equal sections colored red, yellow, green, and blue. What is the probability that the spinner will land on red twice in a row?
- a) A quarter is flipped twice. What is the probability that it land on heads for the first flip and tails on the second flip?
b) A company decides to select two workers at random to attend a computer class. Stephanie and Yuki both place their names in a hat, along with eight other workers. What is the probability that Stephanie and Yuki's name are chosen from the hat?
Refer to the following information to answer questions 3 and 4.
A game is played by spinning a spinner and then, without looking, drawing a card. After each turn, the card is replaced and the cards are shuffled.
- What is the chance that a player will spin red and then draw a 4 or higher?
- a) dependent b) independent
- a) independent b) dependent
Complete Test Preparation for the GED Test 2014 by Steck-Vaughn